September 20 is National Voter Registration Day
COLUMBIA, SC (August 31, 2023) – The South Carolina State Election Commission is joining election officials across the country to celebrate National Voter Registration Month this September. During the month, state and local election officials will be encouraging South Carolinians to register to vote and make sure their address is up to date. With over 200 local elections being held in South Carolina on Municipal Election Day (November 7th), now is the time to start prepping for the polls by checking your voter registration.
Sunday, October 8th is the deadline to register for Municipal Election Day!
Don’t wait until the deadline, registering to vote has never been easier:
- Register online at scVOTES.gov (must be received by Sunday, October 8th).
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.gov. Complete and return the form to your county voter registration office:
- By fax or email attachment (must be received by Sunday, October 8th).
- By mail (must be postmarked by Tuesday, October 10th).
- Register in person at your county voter registration office (most offices will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6th for in-office registrations).
Already registered to vote? Check to make sure your address is up to date!
Visit scVOTES.gov to check your registration to make sure it is accurate. It only takes two minutes and will help ensure a smooth process when it comes time to cast your ballot:
- If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by the deadline to be eligible to vote.
- If you've moved within your county or changed your name recently, update your information prior to election day to help ensure a smoother voting process.